2023: Jonathan knows I won’t back him In the event that he gets APC ticket –Wike
Rivers State Representative, Nyesom Wike, says he will work against ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, in the event that the last mentioned gets the presidential ticket of the All Progressives Congress within the 2023 general elections.
Wike expressed this in an meet with BBC Pidgin this end of the week in port Harcourt. According to the governor, who could be a chieftain of the PDP, party intrigued was his need and not ethnic interest. Speaking amid the meet observed by The PUNCH, Wike said, “I am from Southern part of Nigeria. I will be cheerful on the off chance that control returns to the South, but in case PDP will win the 2023 presidential election by zoning the presidential ticket to the North, I will not be restricted to it.”
“If President Jonathan is given the All Progressives Congress presidential ticket, he knows that I will not back him. I will not lock in anti-party movement. Indeed in case he is from the South, I will not support him. What is fundamental is my party’s interest,” he added. Jonathan, who is from the South-South locale as Wike, had won the presidential election on the stage of the PDP in 2011 but misplaced his re-election to APC’s Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.
Constitutionally, Jonathan is entitled to another four a long time as president. A few APC bigwigs had too gone by Jonathan of later but the previous Bayelsa State governor had since said he had no intrigued to run once more in 2023.
- 2023: Jonathan knows I won’t back him In the event that he gets APC ticket –Wike
- PDP condemns attempt to assassinate Ortom, demands probe
- There will be no more Nigeria if Ortom is assassinated —Nyesom Wike
- JusticeForItunu: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To 20 Years
- FG approves $1.5bn for rehabilitation of Port Harcourt refinery
- ‘Chamber not marketplace’, Gbajabiamila berates Reps who disrupted plenary
- N42bn debt| FG stops telcos from disconnecting USSD services
- Hope uzodimma spit fire
- Biafra: Address IPOB’s agitation – Olisa Metuh begs Igbo leaders
- #EndSARS protest in FCT fake, says police
- Buhari, Osinbajo to get COVID-19 antibodies Saturday
- Breaking: Shoot anybody seen with AK-47, Buhari orders security agents
- Kidnapping: I am prepared to leave in case that will stop the current insecurity problems —Zamfara gov
- DSS has arrested Ganduje’s aide hours after criticising Buhari
#heardsmen, #ipob, #biafra, #mazinnamdikanu #Nigeria #ortom #Buhari #endsars #nyesom # wike #bokoharam #jonathan