Rivers state Governor I won’t travel abroad for medical check-up –Wike
Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has stated that he would not travel abroad for medical examinations, claiming that all he requires is available at the Government House Clinic, which his administration established.
Wike announced this during a courtesy visit to the Government House in Port Harcourt on Wednesday by a delegation from the Nigerian Medical and Dental Council. Wike’s remark comes as the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd. ), is undergoing medical tests in London.
In a statement signed by his Special Assistant on Media, Kelvin Ebiri, the governor urged the council to avoid politicizing approved quotas for medical and dental schools in Nigeria, especially at the Rivers State University College of Medical Sciences.
“The health-care system in Nigeria needs very serious attention,” Wike was quoted as saying. It’s a shame that we’re in this condition. I’m not going to make any comments on people who are traveling for medical reasons. For the past two years, I have not traveled.
“Why do we have to fly when we have all of these stuff right here?” We have everything we need to make it happen. Why would I go out to do my search (overseas) when Government House has everything I need?
“I don’t need it. All I’ll need to take any test is in this room. We have the tools we need. “How come we can’t give it to our people?” The governor also stated that his government will sign a contract with Julius Berger for the construction of a world-class cancer and cardiovascular diseases center, claiming that when the center is completed in 14 months, it would improve the state government’s internal revenue.
Share your story with us:, Whatsapp & Sms only: +2348135744019.
PLEASE FOLLOW US BY EMAIL TO GET NOTIFIED ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS
- I won’t travel abroad for medical check-up –Wike
- Eight members of the RCCG have been abducted in Kaduna,
- Fury will beat Anthony Joshua unless… – Mike Tyson
- #EndSARS: We must weed out terrible eggs in Nigeria police –Gbajabiamila
- Uprooted herders have gotten to be desperados threatening Nigeria, says Miyetti Allah
- South-West govs creating problem for Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition –Miyetti Allah
- 2023: Jonathan knows I won’t back him In the event that he gets APC ticket –Wike
- PDP condemns attempt to assassinate Ortom, demands probe
- There will be no more Nigeria if Ortom is assassinated —Nyesom Wike
- JusticeForItunu: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To 20 Years
- ‘Chamber not marketplace’, Gbajabiamila berates Reps who disrupted plenary
- N42bn debt| FG stops telcos from disconnecting USSD services
- Hope uzodimma spit fire
- Biafra: Address IPOB’s agitation – Olisa Metuh begs Igbo leaders
- #EndSARS protest in FCT fake, says police
- Buhari, Osinbajo to get COVID-19 antibodies Saturday
- Breaking: Shoot anybody seen with AK-47, Buhari orders security agents
#heardsmen, #ipob, #biafra, #mazinnamdikanu #Nigeria #ortom #Buhari #endsars #nyesom # wike #bokoharam #endsars #police