‘Why did we stop using email for UTME and DE registration?’
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board has declared that registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination and Direct Entry would no longer require the use of email.
Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, JAMB’s Registrar and Chief Executive, told journalists on Tuesday that candidates’ email addresses would only be sought after they had completed their registration and required access to information about the test.
According to Oloyede, the new system would ensure that candidates’ information is not exposed to shady cyber cafe operators and other criminals who steal email passwords during UTME/Direct Entry registration to commit fraud.
“Candidates will no longer be allowed to have any email address during registration as of Thursday, April 15, 2021,” he said.
“As a result, during or after registration, candidates will have the following options for accessing their profile: mobile app on their phone.”
Printing of examination slips (Notifications), result notification slips, or ticketing, according to Oloyede, is one of the choices.
He went on to say that this could be achieved anywhere with only the candidate’s JAMB registration number.
“After the 2021 UTME/DE registration has been declared closed by JAMB, candidates can provide their email addresses only via (a) the Mobile APP on his/her registered phone, (b) texting the word email (space then the email address) to 55019 on his/her registered phone.
“The email is typed twice for accuracy (email addresses will be entered twice for confirmation and typographical error prevention),” he explained.
Previously, Adegoke Justina, a final-year student at the University of Abuja, revealed how she was duped into giving her email address to a cyber cafe employee posing as a JAMB official.
- ‘Why we scrapped use of email for UTME, DE registration’.
- Osinbajo encourages people to be committed to Nigeria’s stability and peace.
- Imo attackers are members of IPOB’s ESN –IGP
- My father’s friend raped me and filmed it – Victim
- VIDEO: Reno Omokri leads protest against Buhari in London
- In the assault on the US Capitol, a cop was killed.
- UK agency fines Oyakhilome’s channel N65.6m over COVID-19 sermon
- I won’t travel abroad for medical check-up –Wike
- Eight members of the RCCG have been abducted in Kaduna,
- Fury will beat Anthony Joshua unless… – Mike Tyson
- #EndSARS: We must weed out terrible eggs in Nigeria police –Gbajabiamila
- Uprooted herders have gotten to be desperados threatening Nigeria, says Miyetti Allah
- South-West govs creating problem for Tinubu’s 2023 presidential ambition –Miyetti Allah
- 2023: Jonathan knows I won’t back him In the event that he gets APC ticket –Wike
- PDP condemns attempt to assassinate Ortom, demands probe
- There will be no more Nigeria if Ortom is assassinated —Nyesom Wike
- JusticeForItunu: Nigerian Lady Sentenced To 20 Years
- ‘Chamber not marketplace’, Gbajabiamila berates Reps who disrupted plenary
- N42bn debt| FG stops telcos from disconnecting USSD services
#heardsmen, #ipob, #biafra, #mazinnamdikanu #Nigeria #ortom #Buhari #endsars #nyesom # wike #bokoharam #endsars #police #chibok #girls