“I was hunted living, but I was not honored in death.” This remark may have summed up the story of Dr. Obadiah Mailafia, a former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria who died in the early hours of September 19, 2021.
After a brief illness, Mailafia died at the University of Abuja Teaching Hospital, Gwagwalada, at the age of 64.
Many Nigerians were stunned by his death, since many looked up to him for speaking out against perceived government slowness, which has led to the country’s current predicament in key areas, especially the economy.
- Davido has announced a gig at the O2 Arena in London in 2022.Davido will be performing in the venue for the third time. Nigerian superstar Davido revealed on October 25, 2021 that his third event at the O2 will take place on March 5, 2022. The father of three wrote on his Instagram announcement, “It’s now or never! London is the capital of the United Kingdom. You […]
- 9ice – Poison mp3 download9ice, a great Nigerian artist, has returned with a new song titled “Poison.” 9ice professes his love for his wife in the song “Poison.” Listen in and let us know what you think in the comments section! Drop your thoughts on the comments section we will love to hear from you
- According to new court records, Maria’s claimed partner is seeking to dissolve their marriage.For years, Kelvin and MaryAnn had been unofficially separated. The ugly ‘husband snatching’ claims leveled against reality TV actress Maria have taken a new turn in the drama. Kelvin and MaryAnn’s marriage, according to our source, ended a few years ago. Kelvin left to Dubai after their marriage fell apart, while MaryAnn stayed in Nigeria […]
- BBNaija’s Angel’s mum shades Maria over husband snatching allegationsAngel and Maria had a tense relationship at Big Brother’s house, which is no secret. After Cubana Chief Priest accused Maria of kidnapping his sister’s spouse, Titi, mother of BBNaija’s Angel, has dropped a shade post. The mother of the reality TV star used to Instagram Stories to imitate an unapologetic lady having a discussion […]
- You can’t be living with a married man in Dubai and have the audacity to threaten his wife in Nigeria – Iheme is a Nigerian actress. BBNaija’s Maria is singled out by Nancy.Iheme Nancy, a Nollywood actress, has slammed Maria Chike, a former Big Brother Naija contestant, for reportedly threatening the wife of a married man she was suspected of’stealing.’ This came after Cubana Chief Priest publicly chastised the BBNaija star for reportedly kidnapping and threatening his sister’s husband. “Do you have any idea where she lives?” […]
The Northern Governors Forum, the Christian Association of Nigeria, and others are among the prominent organizations.
The development economist’s death has been grieved by the Southern Kaduna People’s Union, Arewa Consultative Forum, and National Consultative Front, among others.
The Presidency and the apex bank, where Mailafia served as deputy governor between May 2005 and March 2007, have remained silent, which is unusual.
Despite the fact that the Presidency has yet to release a condolence statement for Mailafia’s death five days later, it has expressed its condolences to famed juju artist Sunday Adegeye aka King Sunny Ade on the death of his wife, Risikat Adegeye, who died on Tuesday.
The Presidency had also expressed sorrow for the death of Ibrahim Abdulkadir, the Emir of Gaya, who died on September 22, just four days after Mailafia.
Meanwhile, the death of the Kaduna State native has sparked controversy, with the Middle Belt Forum alleging that he was handled shabbily by physicians at the hospital. The hospital administration refuted the charges, claiming that the doctors did all possible to preserve Mailafia’s life.
#Buhari #condolence #note #El-Rufai #death #CBN #ex-deputy #governor #Mailafia.